FileMaker: Built in SQL Error Messages
Filemaker 14: FQL Errors
Daniel Wood recently pointed out here that the Dataviewer displays SQL - or more properly FQL - error messages in the Monitor area if you don't tell the Dataviewer to Evaluate.
So here is the full list of those error messages documented and donated by Nick Lightbody.
A complete list of FQL Errors
● There is an error in the syntax of the query.
● The table named "0" does not exist.
● The table named "0" already exists in this query.
● The query is too complex. The maximum number of tables has been exceeded.
● Expressions involving aggregations are not supported.
● The column named "0" appears in more than one table in the column reference's scope.
● The column named "0" does not exist in any table in the column reference's scope.
● The table named "0" does not exist in the column reference's scope.
● The column named "1" does not exist in table "0".
● The literal value "0" is not a valid DATE, TIME or TIMESTAMP.
● Predicate must contain a logical operation (=, <, OR, AND, IS NULL, ...).
● The ordinal reference "0" in the ORDER BY clause is not valid.
● Incompatible types in assignment.
● The number of values in a VALUES row value constructor does not match the number of values in the target.
● The number of values in an INSERT...SELECT statement does not match the number of values in the target.
● A subquery contains an illegal outer reference to a column in the INSERT's target table.
● An expression contains data types that cannot be compared.
● An expression contains incompatible data types.
● The result data type of a CASE expression cannot be inferred; they are all NULL.
● An invalid number of parameters was supplied to the function "0.
● Parameter number 0 to the function "1" is not of the correct type.
● A subquery expression must have exactly one value in the SELECT list.
● A CAST expression requested an invalid data type conversion
● A reference to ROWID must be qualified if more than one table is present in the query.
● All non-aggregated column references in the SELECT list and HAVING clause must be in the GROUP BY clause.
● The number of columns in both inputs to a UNION operation must be the same.
● The data types of corresponding columns in the inputs to a UNION operation must be the same.
● Field repetitions must be numeric and between 1 and 0.
● A field repetition in the SET clause of an UPDATE statement must be a constant.
● "0" is an invalid function.
● The the parameter's type cannot be inferred in this context. At least one query parameter must be an expression, a column or a constant.
● A query may contain either named parameters or dynamic parameters, but not both.
● Column names in FROM clause subqueries must be unique.
● The number of output columns in a FROM clause subquery must match the number of columns in the table's name list.
● Cursor support is not enabled for this query.
● A cursor with the name "0" already exists.
● There is no cursor with the name "0".
● The cursor "0" is already open.
● The cursor "0" is not open.
● The target cursor "0" does not reference a query that is valid for WHERE CURRENT OF .
● The target cursor "0" does not reference the same table as the current statement.
● The default value for column "0" does not match the column's data type.
● The string "0" is not a valid stream name.
● The column "0" is not valid in this context. The targets of GETAS and PUTAS must be Container fields.
● The value 0 is not a valid binary string.
● Container fields are not allowed in UNION DISTINCT queries.
● The database schema has changed. This prepared query is no longer valid.
● This statement contains an invalid operation on FileMaker system table "0".
● Aggregation expressions are not allowed in the WHERE clause.
● The offset count in OFFSET clause is not valid..
● The FETCH ... WITH TIES clause is not allowed without a corresponding ORDER BY clause.
● The fetch count in FETCH clause is not valid.